In most of the people’s house, floors are furnished with ceramic tiles, wooden floorings, marble etc. Though ceramic tiles are popular in recent times due to its different colors and costs, still many people have the craze for marble floorings because of its uniqueness and texture. Also, marble floors are easy to clean and polish. marble floor polishing (lucidatura pavimenti marmo) became very easy and convenient and also cheaper. Since marble floors have a mixture of both soft and porous stones, it needs extra care to clean those floors. If you want to avoid damaging the floors, you will need to use good cleaning products and follow some proper procedures.
Here are the steps to wash marble floors –
1. As a first step, using a broom or vacuum cleaner to clean the floor. You should do the sweeping regularly to avoid the dust accumulation.
2. Next will be mopping the floor using distilled water. Sometimes the water we use to clean makes the floor worst. So always use distilled water and also use hot water for better results.
3. Mix soap or a detergent which has neutral ph with hot distilled water and then immerse the soft mop into it. Then start with mopping the floor. Be careful in choosing the soap if your kitchen has marble grinding roma floors.
4. Change the water frequently and repeat the process again.
Things to do after cleaning –
1. Put the rugs and carpets in all the rooms, since it will not allow the dust and debris to spread.
2. Keep a scrub pad always to clean away any scuff marks on the floor.
3. It is always good to polish the marble floors once in three or four years. Polishing marble floors and polishing grit floors helps to seal the marble and hence avoids stain.
Things to avoid while cleaning –
1. Avoid strong solvents or detergents for cleaning. You can avoid vinegar, citrus cleansers, ammonia etc.
2. Always clean the floor immediately after a spill. If you let it out dry it could damage the marble floor as it is porous and can easily absorb the stains.